IRAQI METAL FREAKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acrassicauda

Go down 
+3
BFMV
xEmOxGuRlx
A-Jay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A-Jay
Admin
A-Jay

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Born out of a basement rehearsal space in Baghdad, Acrassicauda (Latin for “Black Scorpion”) its an iraqi heavy metal band. Tutored by music instructor and guitar virtuoso Saad “Yngwie” Say and inspired by western bands like Metallica, Slayer and Slipknot, they began writing and playing metal in 2001. They soon learned that their dream of performing live in Iraq was going to be no easy task.

Original members Firas (bass), Tony (lead guitar), Marwan (drums), Faisal (rhythm guitar) and Waleed (lead vocals) were only able to play 3 shows before the war started in 2003. Soon after, Waleed retired from the band and fled the country, leaving Faisal to fill the void of lead singer. Due to increased security precautions throughout Iraq, it became difficult to practice or even get through a show without serious problems. As the situation worsened in Baghdad they began receiving death threats from insurgent groups and religious fundamentalists accusing them of Satan-worship. Eventually, it proved impossible to find any venue that was safe to perform in.

Thanks to generous donations made on their behalf, the band now resides in Turkey after living a year as refugees in Damascus, Syria. In their seven years as a band they have managed to play only 6 concerts in Baghdad, 2 in Syria and 3 in Turkey. The war has all but destroyed their dream to live in peace, grow their hair long, bang their heads and play metal as loud as they want. Life in Turkey is proving extremely difficult for them. Acrassicauda is literally a band on the run.

The band made a film about thier life under the name " Heavy metal in baghdad "
entered many world movie festivals and won 2 of the main festivals which is,
BERLIN FESTIVL and TORNTO FESTIVAL and SXSW .
Acrassicauda SXSW_08_Film_Selection_236px Acrassicauda Berlin Acrassicauda Reelheart_laurels_large

The band are now famouse all around the world and trying so hardly to get into and be one of the best heavy metal band in the world, and many magazines and jornals are bringing thier name and make the band more and more famouse, making the world see iraqi people, see that we are not complicated like many people think and lettning the whole world know how does this great band is shining in the middle of the dark and make us proud to have an amazing band like that.

some links of magazines and jornals talking about the band and the film

BBC news

weekend america
news.com
myspace

The band met the testament
Acrassicauda L_2dd09f71113e275e191fc02824d0adf1

Acrassicauda
Acrassicauda L_a8e15b60e5c9a4b89f501d47b5e2dafb

Last edited by A-Jay on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://iraqimetalfreaks.yoo7.com
xEmOxGuRlx
Tokio Hotel Freak
Tokio Hotel Freak
xEmOxGuRlx

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 pm

umm im not sure abt the''iraqi metal'' xD
Back to top Go down
A-Jay
Admin
A-Jay

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:12 am

better than nansy ajram, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
BFMV
METAL HEAD WARRIOR
METAL HEAD WARRIOR
BFMV

Number of posts : 82

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 am

HAHAHHAH
Back to top Go down
xEmOxGuRlx
Tokio Hotel Freak
Tokio Hotel Freak
xEmOxGuRlx

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 am

HELL YEA
EWWW ARABS SINGERS SUCK >_>
Back to top Go down
A-Jay
Admin
A-Jay

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:21 pm

btw th band joined the forum rock on
Back to top Go down
xEmOxGuRlx
Tokio Hotel Freak
Tokio Hotel Freak
xEmOxGuRlx

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:12 pm

hahhaaaha ok metalheads dont kill me xD hahaahahaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
A-Jay
Admin
A-Jay

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:28 pm

u drinked somethin 2day? Very Happy
wut u mean?
Back to top Go down
xEmOxGuRlx
Tokio Hotel Freak
Tokio Hotel Freak
xEmOxGuRlx

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 pm

yea i drunk water!!xD
Back to top Go down
aboomen
METAL HEAD WARRIOR
METAL HEAD WARRIOR

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 am

iraq's only heavy metal band ??!!!
hahahahaha! no offence bud but u gotta delete that Razz
and you can check the things i have posted here if u want unless ur gonna block me from ur site lol ?! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/latef666
dave

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 am

ACRASSICAUDA wrote:

rock on rock on guys rock on
Back to top Go down
DemonicShredder

DemonicShredder

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:37 am

xEmOxGuRlx wrote:
hahhaaaha ok metalheads dont kill me xD hahaahahaaaaaaaaaa

what's wrong with u ? y in every post u say "metalheads don't kill me ????" GROW UP ! if u don't know how to talk then shut up and don't post a silly reply.
go do something useful like....killing urself
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/demonic_shredder_88
DemonicShredder

DemonicShredder

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:23 am

ACRASSICAUDA wrote:
hii
thanx for the comment if u think that u know about what metal heads mean to us or me u will think twice before calling it silly and if u want me to talk about something useful then u need to go kill your self cuz i donut think that u belong to this group any why cuz its just for metal heads (Iraqi metal heads ) the real ones and nothing but that and i guise thats why the call it ( IRAQI METAL FREAKS)
and i think that u need to GROW UP

p.s
find some one ells to argue with cuz i don't like to argue with ppl alto i don't like wasting time

sorry for being AN A... but this is an insult and i cant take it

KEEP IT UP METAL HEADS
METAL FOR EVER

what's wrong with U ? u drunk or something ???
my reply wasn't to ur post, go check to whom i was talkin to. the EMO shit girl not U or ur band.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/demonic_shredder_88
lolo_evil

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:28 pm

huh?? ups i dont have any updates about the iraqi bands, i only know about DFC and those others.. but not about you guys,,, nice to hear..

and your music in myspace is also nice.... how can i get your DVD for free Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Acrassicauda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda   Acrassicauda I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acrassicauda
Page 1 of 1